A District Inter-Agency Coordinating Committee on Sanitation (DICCS) has been inaugurated in the Obuasi East District Assembly.
The committee has the following as it core mandate
- To provide the necessary support to ensure that data collected in the programme implantation is of high quality.
- Provide the platform for learning and sharing of experiences from sanitation implementing partners in the district.
- Provide back up support to the field facilitation teams to ensure that they overcome difficulties encountered on the field.
- Ensure that all Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activities carried out in the District are in line with Government’s overall policy and strategies in force.
- Provide technical Assistance to field facilitators in the siting of facilities and ensure that innovative designs are adopted.
- Support to the field facilitators in the formation, capacity building of Community Based Structures especially the Natural Leaders and other recognized structures in the communities as well as performance monitoring of community level stakeholders.
- Advice on the implementation of District Behavior Change communication (BCC) Strategy.
- Advice District Assembly on issues that have the tendency to negatively affect the implementation of the sanitation programmes.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of the Area council sanitation staff
- Support ODF verification and certification processes
- Submit Reports to the DPCU, RPCU and RICCS.
The Membership of the District Inter-Agency Coordinating Committee on Sanitation comprises of the District Coordinating Director, Mr. Eric Aboagye-Mensah as the Chairman, James Gamor District Environmental Health Officer , as the secretary. The rest of the members are, District Social Welfare Officer, District Disease Control Officer, Head of Works Department, District Planning Officer, District SHEP Coordinator (GES), Rural Relief Services Representative and NGOs in Water and Sanitation.